Dave is a prolific editor with a passion for storytelling.
For 30 years Dave has worked as a film and television editor. He's cut six feature films, over 200 episodes of television, hundreds of TVCs and more than 50 short films that have played at festivals worldwide. Recent work includes the final season of 'Jack Irish' starring Guy Pearce and the NBC Universal TV series 'La Brea'.
Dave is a graduate of the AUSTRALIAN FILM, TELEVISION & RADIO SCHOOL (AFTRS) with an MA in Editing for Drama and won the COMPLETE EDITOR AWARD in his graduating year (1998). Dave's other awards include BEST EDITING IN AN AUSTRALIAN FILM at Flickerfest (2000) and the Australian Screen Editors BEST EDITING AWARD (TV NON-DRAMA) for Bondi Vet (2009).
He also edited the Logie Award winning documentary 'Trishna & Krishna: The Quest for Separate Lives' (2011) and the ASTRA Award winning documentary ‘The People Speak’ (2014).
Dave received his ASE Accreditation from the Australian Screen Editors Guild in 2019.
2021, La Brea, International, TV Series /, Drama, 2 x 43 mins, NBC / Universal / Matchbox, Editor /
2021, Jack Irish Season 3, Domestic, TV Series /, Drama, 4 x 55 mins, Easy Tiger / ABC, Editor /
2020, The Gloaming, Domestic, TV Series /, Thriller, 1 x 50 mins, Stan / ABC (US), Editor /
2019, Blood Vessel, Domestic, Feature Films /, Thriller, 90mins, Wicked of Oz, Editor /
2017, Wolf Creek S2, Domestic, TV Series /, Thriller, 2 x 50mins, Stan, Editor /
2013, Crawlspace, Domestic, Feature Films /, Drama, 90mins, Wicked of Oz, Editor /
2012, Centre Place, Domestic, Feature Films /, Drama, 90mins, MIA Films, Editor /
2008, Damned by Dawn, Domestic, Feature Films /, Drama, 83mins, Amazing Krypto Bros, Editor /
2007, Punishment, Domestic, Feature Films /, Drama, 99mins, Glover Productions, Editor /
2006, The Line, Domestic, Feature Films /, Drama, 95mins, Adante Productions, Editor /
2006, Transit, Domestic, Short Films /, Drama, 8mins, Mandarin Productions, Editor /
Festivals and Events
- 2016 Flickerfest International Short Film Festival, LAZY BOY, Australia
- 2014 ASTRA Awards, THE PEOPLE SPEAK, Australia
- 2011 Logie Awards, TRISHNA & KRISHNA: THE QUEST FOR SEPARATE LIVES, Australia
- 2009 Australian Screen Editors Awards, Bondi Vet, Australia
- 2006 AFI Awards, Transit, Australia
- 2014 ASTRA Awards, Most Outstanding Factual Program, THE PEOPLE SPEAK, Australia
- 2012 Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival, Best Medical Science Program, NOVA: SEPARATING TWINS, USA
- 2011 Logie Awards, Most Outstanding Factual Program, TRISHNA & KRISHNA: THE QUEST FOR SEPARATE LIVES, Australia
- 2009 Australian Screen Editors Awards, Best Editing in Television Production (non-drama), BONDI VET, Australia
- 2004 Fitzroy Shorts, Audience Choice Award, Peace & Quiet: Fast Pants - Tight Cars, Australia
- 2000 Flickerfest, SPAA Award, Peace & Quiet: Dr. Genius & The Secret Agent Formula, Australia
- 2000 St. Kilda Film Festival, Best Special Effects, Peace & Quiet: Dr. Genius & The Secret Agent Formula, Australia
- 2000 Flickerfest, Best Editing - Australian Short Film, Peace & Quiet: Dr. Genius & The Secret Agent Formula, Australia
- 1999 Watch My Shorts Film Festival, Audience Choice Award, Peace & Quiet: Dr. Genius & The Secret Agent Formula, Australia
- 1999 Force Three Fan Film Festival, Best Editing, Bounty Trail, Australia
- 1998 AFTRS, Complete Editor Award, El Twisto, Australia
- Australian Screen Editors Guild Since 2005
- AFTRS Alumni Network Since 1998
- 1998 Australian Film Television & Radio School, MA Editing For Drama, Australia
- 1991 Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Associate Diploma of Engineering, Australia